Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Cat of Bubastes

Hello,

This book is titled "The Cat of Bubastes," it is a tale of ancient Egypt, and the author is G. A. Henty.

It is about a young prince of a people called the Rebu; his name is Amuba. When the Egyptians came and defeated the Rebu in battle Amuba is taken prisoner along with many others. When they reach Egypt, he gets sold to the high priest of Osiris. He becomes very good friends with the priest's son Chebron. They have many great adventures together including wandering around the temples at night, hunting, and fighting.

This book is a little bit boring in the middle of the book, but its an amazing read before and after. I have read this book at least five times, and I have loved it every single one of them. I highly recommend it for middle school and high school boys, although I read it when I was nine, and I'm a girl so go ahead and try it anyway.

Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment