Friday, August 22, 2014

Wishing

Here is another one of my poems, I hope you like it. I wrote it after walking on the Konza Prairie close to Manhattan, Kansas so if you are ever in that area I suggest going, because It's beautiful. Also I think everyone should see what the prairie looks like just because its so cool.
                     
                         

                                                   There's something about the wide open prairie, 
That makes me wish, I was a small fairy.  


Who could fly far away, way back in time,
All the way back, to my land in its prime.


Land filled with bison, bald eagles, and foxes,
Jack rabbits, chipmunks, and killer hawkses.


Wolves would cry out, to the full moon,
Knowing the night, would be over soon.


Planes stretching out, far as one could see,
Now dotted with houses, from shining sea to sea.


Many were there, who called it their home,
That wonderful place, where buffalo roam.


Men out in the field, working hard all the day,
With the deer and the antelope, who love to play.


Now into the houses, where women and girls,
Scrub everything hard, till they’re shining like pearls.


And back to the future, to see what it holds,
A whole lot of people, the young and the old.


I go on with my life, with its silly inventions,
Wishing way back, to a warm log house kitchen.

~Rebekah Plummer~

No comments:

Post a Comment